proposal: without clear agreement, the arbiter decides
This is not a policy change,
but rather a clarification of the existing wording.
Reviewed-by: Russ Cox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Brad Fitzpatrick <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Robert Griesemer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Jaana Burcu Dogan <email@example.com>
diff --git a/README.md b/README.md
index c909a14..4e92db1 100644
@@ -103,9 +103,9 @@
- The goal of the final discussion is to reach agreement on the next step:
(1) accept or (2) decline.
- The discussion is expected to be resolved in a timely manner.
- - In Go development historically, a lack of agreement means decline.
- - If there is disagreement about whether there is agreement,
- [rsc@](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) is the arbiter.
+ - If clear agreement cannot be reached, the arbiter
+ ([rsc@](mailto:email@example.com)) reviews the discussion
+ and makes the decision to accept or decline.
- The author (and/or other contributors) do the work as described by the
"Implementation" section of the proposal.